Just thought this might be of interest to some of us. If you are interested in Microsoft Office on your mobile devices, read on.
Image source: Microsoft website
A few hours ago, Microsoft announced the release of the Office Mobile app for iPhone and Android phones.
Did a quick preview/check of the app while on the train this morning:
- It’s available free for users. However, you would need to register an acct (https://signup.live.com/). If you have an existing Office365 subscription, you can sign in with your Office 365 account.
- One con/pro (depending on how you view it) is that files would only be saved to OneDrive (Cloud server that is associated with your Microsoft acct)
- Cons: Limited formatting choices. Only simple choices available.
- According to websites, app not yet available for Android tablets but it seems that they have plans to do so.
- Some users have complained about the lack of support to edit password-protected documents.
Note: App is available for iPads already. But need an Office 365 subscription.
Link for Android phones: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.officehub
You might also wish to try Quickoffice by Google or some office apps in the Play Store or App Store, which are alternatives to Microsoft Office. Quickoffice is available for both iOS and Android.